Disaster revovery protection is crucial to every organization, whether for a small business or large enterprise. At any time your business could be faced with a series of potentially devastating events such as:
- A major system failure that results in downtime and lost income
- Data loss that could cause serious financial repercussions if not rectified immediately
- A business continuity planning failure that leads to negative media exposure
Disasters are often unpredictable, but with the right preparation and tested processes in place, your organization can minimize the damage inflicted by these events.
It is essential that businesses have a solid plan in place for Disaster Recovery. There are many options available on the market today, but not all are created equal.
Arcserve is a leading provider of backup, disaster recovery and continuity solutions that can help you get your business back up and running in the event of a disaster.
The following are just some of the benefits that Arcserve can bring to your organization:
The ability to restore specific files or folders instead of the entire system
Protect against data loss and back up daily from any of your servers, desktops or laptops
Restore a file, folder or computer to an earlier time if needed
Interoperates with Microsoft Windows Server Hyper-V making it easier to recover virtual machines in the event of a disaster
Validates backups to ensure they can be recovered
Utilizes cloud storage to help comply with regulatory standards including HIPAA, HITECH, PCI DSS and FISMA
Arcserve's Disaster Recovery solutions are designed to provide you with the protection that your business needs.
Disaster recovery, or business continuity planning (BCP), is the act of making and implementing plans for recovering any losses you experience during a disaster. It is important to understand that disasters come in all shapes and sizes. For example, natural disasters like earthquakes or hurricanes can be overwhelming enough to impact your business in unimaginable ways. But there are also other events, like data loss or website downtime, that could alter the way your business functions. Regardless of what kind of disaster you are trying to recover from or want to plan for, it is in your best interest to understand how you can manage potential risks in advance in order to protect yourself and remain up-and-running.
According to a survey of IT professionals, around 50% of them say that they have experienced downtime in the past year. The costs associated with each minute of downtime vary from industry to industry, but on average, it is estimated that for every minute your business is down you can expect to lose at least $100 000. In more extreme cases - like during and after a natural disaster - having an effective BCP can help you save much more than that.
The easiest way to keep your business out of harm's way is by using a data backup and recovery solution like those offered by Arcserve as part of their risk management solutions. It is important to remember that it's not just about backing up your data - knowing how and when you will recover from a disaster, as well as having a reliable failover plan in place for those worst-case scenarios, can strengthen the security of your systems and help you avoid losing crucial information or falling victim to website downtime.
Arcserve is a business continuity software that allows for the protection of information in servers and computers. This can be invaluable when it comes to recovering from disasters or accidents that could otherwise cause thousands of dollars in lost data. Customers beta testing Arcserve have experienced up to 99% reduction in recovery times, increased availability, increased user productivity and faster outage restoration.
IT Directors and CIOs in companies around the world have entrusted Arcserve to provide rapid and comprehensive data protection and continuity to their businesses. It is the superior choice for information availability, ensuring that downtime only serves as a minor setback instead of a total catastrophe.
The internet has been abuzz with tech news covering Arcserve's latest updates and enhancements. Articles are popping up everywhere covering how Arcserve is helping companies protect their valuable information while also making it more accessible on the go.
Arcserve is a software-defined solution that works on physical and virtual servers. It provides backup and disaster recovery as well as replication, allowing for zero data loss even if one of those components fails.
Here are 10 benefits of using Arcserve for Data Protection:
1. Lower costs through virtualization
2. Enables replication across the globe
3. Gain access to your information from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection
4. 99% Recovery Point Objective (RPO)
5. Provides 24×7 Availability by eliminating downtime caused by backups
6. Increases data protection through total integration of backup, replication and recovery processes
7. Increases Data Protection Through Analytics
8. Provides scalability with the ability to add more data on demand
9. Updates are released often to provide even better protection for your information
10. Is compatible with every major operating system, application and device
Stay up-to-date on the latest tech news articles covering Arcserve by subscribing to our blog feed via RSS . We look forward to hearing your thoughts in the comments section.
Arcserve UDP provides data protection and disaster recovery solutions that allow you to protect your data on any platform, in any datacenter or cloud, at any time. Arcserve UDP provides enterprise-class features such as application-aware backup and recovery of Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server and SharePoint; file repository for offsite storage of backup data; synthetic full backups to avoid backup windows; and granular file restore from any point in time.
With over 27,000 customers in more than 120 countries, Arcserve UDP is committed to providing affordable and dependable data protection. Arcserve UDP is a good choice for any IT environment, whether you need to protect one or one hundred virtual machines.
Arcserve UDP can also provide resilience to your business with a comprehensive high availability solution built on the globally available Arcserve UDP Cloud. The platform provides local protection and replication of servers in your primary site, as well as remote protection and replication of servers in a secondary site, providing automatic failover and recovery from both sites.
Unified Data Protection (UDP) is a high-speed, reliable and secure backup and disaster recovery solution. UDP performs both virtual and physical protection of Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere ESX(i) data at the primary site as well as asynchronous replication to an offsite backup for quick disaster recovery or long term retention. This solution provides bare metal recovery of both virtual and physical machines, granular file level protection for Exchange, SQL, SharePoint and Windows clients as well as native tape support.
- All in one solution for backup/recovery/replication
- Local & remote high availability
- Bare metal recovery of virtual and physical machines
- Supports Exchange, SQL & SharePoint natively
Arcserve UDP is a virtual appliance that can be deployed on your VM server or ESX server to provide local backup and remote replication. This provides the ability to recover from a disaster at either site without major disruption to your business.
1. Local protection and replication of servers in you primary site .
2. Asynchronous replication from your primary site to an offsite backup for quick disaster recovery or long term retention.
- Virtual machine protection
- Physical server & workstation protection
- Granular file level backup of Exchange, SQL & SharePoint
- Native tape support
- Granular file level restore
- Supports physical servers as well as virtual machines for local protection and remote replication capabilities
- Support for physical servers allows you to use the same product on both your main site and DR site, saving you money on licensing
- Protection for your entire environment including Exchange, SQL and SharePoint means you don't have to worry about downtime or loss of data
- Granular file level restores mean that all but the last 24 hours of changes can be restored from tape reducing the amount of data sent through the network and speeding up restores
- Built in support for both Hyper-V and VMware means you can get started with Arcserve UDP without having to worry about purchasing additional software licenses. (Arcserve UDP is purchased per CPU socket) 6. Typical Uses 6a. Virtual machine protection 6b. Physical server & workstation protection 6c. Granular file level backup of Exchange, SQL & SharePoint 6d. Native tape support
Arcserve UDP is the best option for businesses looking to protect their data with affordable and easy to use Data Protection Solutions. It offers business continuity, disaster recovery, and data protection in one solution which can help you avoid costly downtime.
Arcserve UDP is an extremely reliable backup solution that protects your critical information by reducing the risk of unplanned application or hardware downtime. It provides more than 30 pre-configured protection settings that support many of the most commonly used applications. Arcserve UDP also helps you reduce storage requirements by optimizing backup data and it reduces your bandwidth consumption for low cost WAN acceleration with built in compression, deduplication, and encryption.
Arcserve UDP is a high-speed, reliable and secure backup solution that provides both local protection and remote replication capabilities. It supports physical servers as well as virtual machines for local protection and makes it easy to get started with the product without having to worry about purchasing additional software licenses. Arcserve UDP can help you avoid costly downtime by providing more than 30 preconfigured settings that support many of the most commonly used applications. With these benefits in mind, should be no surprise why so many businesses are turning to this Data Protection Solution!