What happens when your data is lost? Usually it leads to panic, frustration and even anger. You lose not just documents; you can potentially lose an entire business with one unfortunate circumstance. But what if there was a way to keep your data protected, even in the event of ransomware or cyber-attacks?
Acronis™ exists as world leading cyber protection solutions company that offers backup, disaster recovery, secure access and flexible cloud storage for more than 500,000 companies worldwide.
The Acronis™ suite of products is designed to help protect your local data by creating a virtual copy on an external device - it also protects against ransomware within 24 hours of the initial breach. The software steps in and offers a simple and secure way to ensure your business data is never lost.
With Acronis™ you can:
• Improve backups with flexible cloud storage, so whether you need an on-site backup or off-site archiving, we have the right solution for you.
• Recover any lost data within seconds. Restore personal files, or even an entire system, within minutes.
• Protect your data against ransomware by creating a secure backup of everything you need to keep your business safe - not just documents, but complete systems if necessary.
Acronis is a multinational company that provides cyber protection solutions to individuals and businesses. They produce software that helps people protect their data, and recover from hardware failures and human errors.
Acronis offers two major services: Backup Protection and Virtual Protection . The former is for individual use, while the latter is designed more for corporate use.
Acronis' mission is to make the world a safer place by protecting and preserving people's digital lives .
Businesses in particular can potentially experience data loss due to several different factors: theft, failed hardware, environmental disasters ( fire , flood) and everyday wear and tear on devices.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, 31% of small businesses in the United States have experienced fire damage in the past ten years.
Furthermore, according to Small Business Trends , over 70% of computer failures are hardware related.
Because of this, it's crucial for companies to have a plan that not only provides protection from these events but also allows companies to recover business data quickly. Companies can turn to Acronis for their data backup needs.
Acronis offers Business Cloud Storage for this need, which companies can use to upload files so they are safe from local disasters. Even if a company's building is burnt down or flooded, their business documents could still be intact thanks to the cloud storage provided by Acronis.
Acronis also offers a feature called Smart Protection for individual users that provides real-time backup and recovery of business data, as well as malware protection. This allows users to feel secure about their data being safe from local disasters, as well as online security threats such as ransomware attacks .
According to Acronis' 2016 Annual Cyber Security Report , ransomware attacks increased by 197% over the past two years.
For companies that need a plan for Cyber Protection, Acronis offers several features out of the box , such as: real-time alerts to cyber security threats, anti-ransomware protection as well as support from highly trained technicians who can help with recovery.
Acronis also offers Cyber Security Training to companies , which provides employees the necessary training on how to avoid cyber security threats online. Since 70% of businesses only train their employees only 51% of the time, this is an effective solution that can keep business data safe from potentially devastating ransomware attacks or software glitches .
In other words, Acronis offers Cyber Protection Solutions to both individuals and business owners that can help keep their data safe from local disasters, hardware failures and cyber security threats.
Here are 5 benefits of having Acronis backup for your company.
1) Protects against malware attacks
2) Keeps files safe even in the event of ransomware or other cyber threats
3) Offers efficient data recovery options if needed
4) Allows employees to work remotely without compromising security at home or on the go
5) Prevents data loss in case of a disaster, accident or human error
1) Protects against malware attacks. Malicious software is the leading cause of data breaches today (source: Verizon's Data Breach Investigations Report 2016). As companies are collecting more and more data, cyber criminals are turning to malware like never before to steal that information for their own use. With Acronis backup software, companies have the ability to back up data from every user and server across the network on a daily basis. In addition, Acronis offers security features that help protect against malware and ransomware with its anti-ransomware solution that guards against all known types of ransomware today.
2) Keeps files safe even in the event of ransomware or other cyber threats.
Ransomware is one of today's biggest computer security threats (source: McAfee Labs Threat Report, June 2016). Some examples include CryptoLocker, Cryptowall and Locky. These types of malware encrypt files on a system and demand a ransom payment to unlock them. With Acronis Backup, if ransomware strikes, you can recover files to any other location quickly and easily.
3) Offers efficient data recovery options if needed. One of the worst nightmares for a business is accidental or unexpected loss of critical data that could result in downtime or lost productivity. Acronis' Instant Recovery feature allows you to boot up your computer from a backup to restore files in seconds. If you need to, boot up and work from the Acronis Cloud or use Acronis Snap Deploy to restore an entire system image with just one click.
4) Allows employees to work remotely without compromising security at home or on the go. With Global Protect portal integration for Acronis True Image, employees can connect to work files and folders securely across any PC or Mac at home, the office or on the road. Employees get cross-platform file sharing right out of the box without complicated setup.
5) Prevents data loss in case of a disaster, accident or human error. Even companies with great backup and security solutions can be affected by the unexpected and disasters like fires, floods and earthquakes. Acronis delivers a complete backup solution that protects against all types of data loss with its image technology. If something unfortunate happens, you can restore one or more computers to their original state right before the disaster occurred in just a few steps.
For the past two years, Acronis has been researching cyber security and what small- to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) need to do about it. According to a survey conducted by them, 85% of SMBs surveyed believe they are at risk from cybercrime. Fortunately, Acronis is here with a solution: Acronis: Backup Protection - Cyber Protection Solutions . It provides cyber protection and data backup for all small- to medium-sized businesses.
With Acronis: Backup Protection - Cyber Protection Solutions , SMBs will be alerted to any digital security risks by way of event monitoring and notification. Given that an alarming 91% of SMBs surveyed believe they have poor cyber security protection, these alerts are a welcome addition. Once alerted to a potential risk, SMBs will be able to respond quickly with the most appropriate course of action.
In addition, Acronis: Backup Protection - Cyber Protection Solutions offers cloud-based data backup for small business data stored on PCs and servers running Windows or Linux as well as virtual machines (VMs) and clusters. Data is stored off-site in encrypted form for additional protection, which means if an SMB's servers are compromised by ransomware or other malware, precious data can be recovered with peace of mind knowing that it is untouched and safe.
When it comes to digital defense, Acronis: Backup Protection - Cyber Protection Solutions is a solid solution. It detects and stops any potential cyber threats and backs up your valuable data so you can rest easy knowing that it will be there if disaster strikes.
Acronis: Backup Protection - Cyber Protection Solutions provides vital protection for your business at an affordable price, which makes it an attractive option for SMBs of all sizes.
Acronis: Backup Protection - Cyber Protection Solutions provides corporations with the tools they need to prevent potential cyber disasters.
The rise of ransomware and other forms of malware is a growing threat for businesses, as hackers become more and more sophisticated in their techniques and demanding in their ransom amounts. Hackers often threaten ransomware attacks against companies unless they pay a ransom. When the payment is not made, the company often loses vital documents and data along with any money they paid to the hackers.
It's clear that cyber threats pose a real danger for businesses around the world – and this danger is growing as more types of malware pop up every day. According to Symantec, there were more than 50 million new malware samples discovered in 2015, and the number is expected to increase by 60% in 2016.
"We see a significant rise in cyber attacks targeting corporations," says Melih Abdulhayoglu, chief executive and chief security architect of Acronis. "In our latest State of Backup report from Q1 2016, we discovered that 35% of the respondents had experienced ransomware attacks in the past year. Some of them did not have a proper backup and ended up paying to get their data back."
The solutions Acronis provides are designed to give businesses greater control over protecting their data from hackers, improving visibility into what data is stored where, providing anytime access to data and automated disaster recovery.
New tools provided by Acronis:
- Data Copy – allows users to copy files, folders or desktops at any time, even when the program is locked;
- Instant File Recovery – starts the restore process as soon as a file is selected;
- One-Click File Recovery – file folders and directories can be restored with just one click;
- Recovery of individual emails from Exchange backups.
"It's critical for every organization to protect its sensitive data, as cyber criminals grow more bold in their attacks," Abdulhayoglu says. "Our latest software solutions provide the added protection companies need against ransomware and other cyber threats."
About Acronis: Acronis sets the standard for hybrid cloud data protection through its backup, disaster recovery, and secure file sync and share solutions. Founded in 2003, Acronis protects the data of over 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in more than 145 countries. With the industry's most comprehensive backup solution, Acronis enables users to easily recover their data after a disaster and migrate it to the cloud or virtual environments.
For more information on Acronis, speak to a palmiq expert today!